Views
Helpful
Replies

FlexWan memory modules

lomine
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, all

I've a Router Cisco 7609 with 02 SUP2/MSFC2 running native IOS 12.1(19)E1 and one Flexwan (WS-X6182-2PA), and inside the Flexwan I've installed a PA-ATM OC3 SMI.

I'd like to know if is possible use a 64 memory board SODRAM in the left slot and 128MB memory on the right slot of the FLEXWAN module, I mean, use a 192MB on this module.

Or just use 64MB on the left and right memory slot OR 128MB plus 128MB in both memory slot's?

Antoher question is: Does the FLEXWAN work with just one memory board SODRAM in one memory slot? (e.g. just 128MB OR 64MB)

Tks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

beng
Level 1
Level 1

You have to use two 128M.

Flexwan memory information as the following:

# 64-MB Error-Correcting Code (ECC) synchronous dynamic RAM (SDRAM) memory for each port adapter slot, or 128-MB aggregate for the entire FlexWAN module (default)

#

* Configurable option for up to 128-MB ECC SDRAM memory for each port adapter slot, or 256-MB aggregate for the entire FlexWAN module

# 8-MB Flash memory

Regards,

Bessie

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

beng
Level 1
Level 1

You have to use two 128M.

Flexwan memory information as the following:

# 64-MB Error-Correcting Code (ECC) synchronous dynamic RAM (SDRAM) memory for each port adapter slot, or 128-MB aggregate for the entire FlexWAN module (default)

#

* Configurable option for up to 128-MB ECC SDRAM memory for each port adapter slot, or 256-MB aggregate for the entire FlexWAN module

# 8-MB Flash memory

Regards,

Bessie

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: