Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flow control setting between Cat6500 and PIX gigabit interface

Dear Forums,

We are connecting the gigabit interfaces of a cat6500 and a pix firewall. The questions are regarding "flow control" setting on the Cat6500.

1. Does PIX support flow control on its gigabit interface ? As long as I see in the document there is no mention on flow-control setting on the PIX.

2. If PIX supports flow control on its gigabit interface, how is the negotiation will be happen between the Cat and the PIX ? What kind of mechanism is the flow-control using ? Any pointer to an URL would be appreciated.

3. Does anyone experience the same issue on flow-control setting between Cat6500 and PIX or to any devices ? What is the recommendation ?

Appreciate for any help

Regards,

2 REPLIES

Re: Flow control setting between Cat6500 and PIX gigabit interfa

I have not run across any documentation stating that flow control was configurable on the PIX. The CAT should be hardcoded for 1000 Full duplex because this is what the PIX is set to.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/iaabu/pix/pix_v53/config/cfgforms.htm

Re: Flow control setting between Cat6500 and PIX gigabit interfa

Did you find a working solution? I think I'm experiencing the same problem:

interface is active but line protocol is down, regardless of pix setting (1000basesx,1000sxfull, 1000auto), while switch-switch config has no problems.

Grtz, Joost

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content