cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Force to get down interface when another go down.

cpco
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Can I force to get down an interface when another interface go down? Is there any command to do this one?

Thanks.

5 Replies 5

msingla
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

I dont think there is any command for this purpose but what you can do is that write a script for that in TCL and checking the status of interface if it is down you can make other interface down but you need to run the script.

This is what I think........

Regards,

Munit

Thanks for your answer.

I don't know about TCL. I'll try to find information about it and try that solution.

Thanks again.

lauren
Level 1
Level 1

If you mean you want to force traffic down one interface when another goes down you can use the "backup interface" command.

The other way of doing it is by using a static route with an administrative distance higher than that of the normally used routing protocol so when the route ages out this one gets put in.

I want to force shutdown a interfaz (signals) when another is in error. For example, if I have a router with a LAN and a WAN interfaz and the LAN interface goes down, I want to shutdown WAN interface to route traffic by another way (a parallel router).

Thanks for your answer.

Hi,

See now only I came to know abt your problem.You Can think of HSRP that can track serial interface also,not only the link as soon as you wan interface goes down It will get redirected to the other router.

If this really suits you ,try to find inf on HSRP (how to track a serial interface)

But If lan interface gets down then HSRP will automatically track when Lan interface goes down as both the routers are connected through ethernet cable.

Munit