Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Forcing a traceroute after dial up connection

Is there a way to force a 1603 to do a specific traceroute and record the results in syslog after it has established a dial up ISDN connection?

4 REPLIES

Re: Forcing a traceroute after dial up connection

Trace only displays to the screen. You’ll have to capture & log your terminal/telnet session.

Many thanks your response, I was looking to see if there is an automated way rather than having to manually log on to the router. Maybe there isn't.....

If you were thinkig something like "macro" or some "script" that will do the job of the tracer, I dont thiks so. I havent heard of anything like that what is integrated within Cisco IOS that will do the job, I think that you'll have to trigger it from somewhere else and just record it in a syslog

Velimir

Hi,

try checking the Service assurance agent (SAA): it enables a router to send out test packets that can measure a variety of network parameters such as round-trip delay, packet loss, and jitter. Multiple response time reporters (RTR) can be setup on a router, and each RTR can measure a different network performance parameter.

you can find info regarding SAA at the following URL:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios122/122cgcr/ffun_c/fcfprt3/fcf017.htm

Hope this helps

Ciao :-)

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content