cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Forcing EIGRP update

awarick
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a command I can issue on a router running EIGRP that would force it to pronounce its routes to neighboring routers (all routers are running EIGRP with same AS number)? Thanks in advance!

3 Replies 3

steve.barlow
Level 7
Level 7

If it is for a lab, clear ip route *, shut/no shut an interface, clear ip eigrp neighbor.

If it is for a production environment, normally I don't ask why, but in this case, why would you want to do this? If a new peer comes on line, they will exchange routes. If a route disappears, they will exchange info. By default every two hours the full table is exchanged. If no routing changes, why exchange it.

Hope it helps

Steve

ruwhite
Level 7
Level 7

You can clear neighbors if you want _all_ of the routes known by a particular router to be re-announced. If you need to just force one route to clear, then you can use clear ip eigrp topo , I think it is, in very late code. But is re-announcing the routes in eigrp really what you want, or are you trying to force locally connected routes back into the topo table (which a clear ip route might work for), or?

Russ

Thanks for the replies. For some reason one of the locally connected routes on this router dissapeared from the routing tables on the rest of the network so I wanted to force the router to re-announce the route.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: