Views
Helpful
Replies

FR channel CRC errors

alfonsoresendiz
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, guys!

When using MGX8220, and checkin the port counters (dspportcnt) and everything is OK..no errors, no discards, etc. and loopback tests run clean, but, when i look into the channel (dspchancnt), im seeing FramesDiscards (XmtFramesDiscSrcAbort), i´m seeing discards by CRC errors (when looped those errors dissapears).

Tipically i´ve seen that when this happens, the most of the times is not an access issue, is most of times bad framing by the DTE or bad electrical grounding of the DTE on the site..i´d like to know if you guys know other cause of this discards..just in the channel..not the port..

I´d be glad if U have a comment for this..

Thanks!!

2 Replies 2

xge
Level 1
Level 1

XmtFramesDiscSrcAbort:

the number of frames the source end requested to be dropped. (could be due to frame CRC error at the source end)

It is a kind of transmit discards. It may be due to the cell drops in the network side.

Hi!

Yes, i know these kind of errors, the most of the times is bad framnign issue on the router, but the error that i´m seeing

XmtFramesDiscCRCError

But just in the channel, the port is clean (dspportcnt is clean)...when we loop that port, the channel come clear...i don´t receiveng discards by source...at this time the trouble was on the electrical instalation (grounding) where the router was connected, and was affecting the router..but I´d like to know if you guys have other case with this same issue..

Thank you very much