cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Frame Relay Map

exlservice
Level 1
Level 1

Iam using Frame Relay subinterfaces for remote connectivity.

When i issue the command - show frame-relay map , i get the following output

Serial0/0.1 (up): point-to-point dlci, dlci 101(0x65,0x1850), broadcast, BW = 64000

status defined, active

Iam not using Frame relay map command,so i guess this mapping was achieved by using the inverse-arp function.But in the output there is no indication of the remote I.P .Going by the RFC of Inverse Arp - " Inverse Address Resolution Protocol (InARP) will allow a Frame Relay station to discover the protocol address of a station associated with the virtual circuit "

So going by the output , what would this output mean to my FrameRelay configuration and how would it facilitate it's functionality.

2 Replies 2

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

In case of point to point dlci's there is no need for mapping the remote site's ip address (network address in general) to the local dlci. The reason for this is because, only one router can be connected at the other end of a point to point dlci. Hence, how to reach the remote router is already known.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Thanks,

Just to add to it.My Network diagram is like this

Router1--->IGX1--------IGX2---->Router2

thus Router 1 is exchanging LMI's with IGX1.I have observed that whenever Router 2 looses connectivity with IGX2, Router 1 shows that particular PVC as"INACTIVE" in the output of show frame-relay pvc.

How does my local router ( Router 1) know that the remote connectivity is down,because my local router is only exchanging LMI's with my local IGX and the PVC status on this IGX is"Active" or 'OK".