Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Frame-Relay problems

Hi,

Cisco 2600 --- Nortel Passport/Frame-Relay -- Nortel Passport/Frame-Relay --- -- Cisco 1720

i had a 2Mbps ppp link between two branch offices, in the test that I perform, I use to have an average of 1.30 Mbps, now I’ve a frame-relay link with a CIR of 1.5 Mbps and in the same test I can’t obtain more than 450 Kbps in average, how can I improve/debug this value.

Cisco 3620 ----- Nortel Passport/Frame-Relay -- Nortel Passport/Frame-Relay --- IBM 2210

In another configuration I’ve problems when switching from ppp to frame-relay.

When I switch the configuration on the Cisco side I can put the PVC up, but after a while,

10 m/20m half an hour a start getting losses of packets in ping and the connections goes down, and I can’t put LMI to talk again, how can I debug this problem….

Thanks

2 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: Frame-Relay problems

#1 - first make sure that both links are clean (sh interface) of drops and errors. Next ensure that both sides do not have any buffer failures incrementing (sh buff). Next ensure that both sides are at least fast switching data (sh int stat and sh int switch). Next, you can check "sh fr pvc" to look for any FECNs or BECNs (network congestion) or dropped packets. If all that looks clear, then you may want to investigage the FR switch.

#2 - You can do some of the same above, as well as "sh fr lmi" to look for any invalid packets and to ensure that the number of Status Enq. Sent is equal to the number of Status msgs Rcvd. You should also verify that both ends are using the same LMI type.

Re: Frame-Relay problems

Also, look at your MTU. Set it low and see if you continue to have dropped packets

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content