Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Frame relay PVC Deleted

Hi

I have a 2600 with 4 sites connected over FR. They were working fine until today I had all the 4 PVC's status was showing DELETED. There was nothing wrong from the telco side. When I restarted the router the PVC's came ACTIVE again. Anyone has an idea as to why this happened.

Reg

Champ

4 REPLIES

Re: Frame relay PVC Deleted

Hi Champ,

What sort of debugging did you do for this problem ?. what was the status of the physical line ?. Looking through the router log what did you see that could help ?. Also where keepalives being exchanged between the router and the switch ?.

Regards

Jonathan

Hi Everyone

Thanks for all the responses. I couldnt go to the physical site so I dont have all that info. The problem was relayed to me by the customer.

Judging from another colleagues answer I also presume it was from the telco side. Although as usual they said everyting was OK.

Thanks for the replies...I will take the issue up with the telco.

Reg

Champ

Two possibilities that can show pvc as Deleted.

First if the frame relay switch doesnt have the route command to switch from one dlci to another dlci.

Second is the dlci at the local router is removed.

does any body had changed the configuration befor you. when you restart the router did you perform the wr mem i.e save the runn to startup??

-Deepu

Gold

Hi Champ -

Okay, I've come across this problem before, basically your service provider is not telling you the truth. There was another post a few weeks ago with a identical problem to yours in that one of his FR PVC's was showing as DELETED, after going thru all the trouble shooting it turned out that the service provider messed up the PVC definitions from the service provider end !!!

And looking at your post it looks like to me it's the same problem so I'd suggest that you take this matter up with the service provider if you really want to know what happened and I'm sure they'll tell you that there was no problem from there end !!!

Anyway hope all is up and running now.

Hope this helps --

Views
Helpful
Replies