cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Frame-Relay to IMA help

t.koehler
Level 1
Level 1

I currently have a Frame-relay network with WorldCom and in the process of migrating to AT&T. Their solution for us was to use an ATM-IMA module at our host end to allow for growth. They said it will work without replacing any hardware at our remote locations. I have a 3660 with 4-port IMA card at our host location and 2620's with internal CSU/DSU's at most of our branch locations. Can someone help with a simple configuration of how this is accomplished? I've tried but the only way I've been able to get the remote end up/up is to use ATM-DXI encapsulation. Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated.

2 Replies 2

Frederic Vanderbecq
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Well, if the network in between is FR, the IMA module will be of no help as it can only do ATM. If you have an IMA module on one end and pure serial modules on the other ends, AT&T has to provide you an ATM-FR circuit and they have to do the ATM/FR internetworking function.

More information on ATM/FR internetworking can be found at the following URL:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/customer/121/#4

Thank you for your help!

AT&T is providing the ATM-FR. I had the wrong LMI type in my config on the FR side and VPI/VCI set up on the ATM side.

Thanks again!!!!!!!!!!!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco