We have 5 remote sites connected to our main site via Frame Relay. Sites 1,2,3 have full T1 access with a CIR of 768k and a burst rate of 768k. The other 2 sites are running on a 128k fractional T1 with a CIR of 64k and a burst rate of 64k. All of these connections are setup as sub-interfaces of 1 main interface. These are all strictly data only connections.
Should I setup traffic shaping for these connections and if so, how? I have found articles for setting this up, but I think I am now more confused after reading them.
If someone could help get me started, I would appreciate it. I am far from a cisco guru, so please be gentle.
You have hub and apoke topology. Here is the link which talks about Frame-relay traffic shaping on that. It explains what you can gain with traffic shaping with config and troubleshooting in "related info" section.
While doing traffic shaping, one thing to note is that the higher speed interface that is connecting to the lower speed interface, should be shaped with the lowest speed of the two. So on the main site, you ll be creating sub interfaces for the remote sites (point-to-point usually). You need to enable traffic shaping on the main interface, and then configure class maps, one each for each remote site. The class maps should shape the traffic to the speed of the remote site. Since you have 3 full T1 sites and 2 additional fracs, you ll be looking at atleast 4 physical interfaces on the main site.
Question We run asr9001 with XR 6.1.3, and we have a very long delay to
login w/ SSH 1 or 2 to the device compare to IOS device. After
investigation, the there is 1s delay between the client KEXDH_INIT and
the server (XR) KEXDH_REPLY. After debug ssh serv...
Introduction The purpose of this document is to demonstrate the Open
Shortest Path First (OSPF) behavior when the V-bit (Virtual-link bit) is
present in a non-backbone area. The V-bit is signaled in Type-1 LSA only
if the router is the endpoint of one or ...
Hi, I am seeing quite a few issues with patch install and wanted to
share my experience and workaround to this. Login to admin via CLI, then
access root with the “shell” command Issue “df –h” and you’ll probably
see the following directory full or nearly ...