cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Full-duplex ethernet on small routers (806, soho71, 1605R, 1751, etc)

bergonz
Level 1
Level 1

I am planning a network with locations connected with ethernet over singlemode fiber with media converters, and I would lake to use small and cheap routers. The distances involved force me to use full duplex. I understand that both the ethernet WIC and the chassis 10/100 of the 1751 can do full-duplex, and that the fast ethernets on the 2621 can do full-duplex, but I am utterly unable to fine information about the duplex capability of other interfaces, including:

- the non-hub interfaces of 806 and SOHO71

- the interfaces of the 1605R

My understanding is that if it is not said, then it is not there, and so I cannot use the 806, SOHO71 and 1605R in this application, but then it seems to me that the scope of application of the 806 and of the SOHO71 is rather limited (i.e. only with xDSL modems, but then why not use an 875?).

My dream would be to have a matrix with all possible cisco ethernet interfaces, all the speed/duplex capabilities that it can autonegotiate, and all the speed/duplex combinations that you can manually set (with possible minimum IOS version).

Thanks in advance for your help,

Michele Bergonzoni

1 Reply 1

s-doyle
Level 3
Level 3

Half duplex and full duplex have the same distance requirements, so this should not be a delineating factor.