Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

FW connected direct to a core SW

I have a Firewall (Check Point/Nokia) connected direct to my Core Switch (Cat6509). Is there any security command that I should use (or recommended) for that specific port?

3 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: FW connected direct to a core SW

You don't have to configure any special commands for connecting firewall to cat6k for simple configuration, but if you need to have VRRP and other redundancy protocols you may have to configure port channel with the switch.

I've Nokia/CP IP380 Firewalls configured in VRRP(Clustering), which doesn't working in Clustreing mode. The packets are not getting forwarded to each other through the cisco 65xx switch(In between the FWs we have 2 65xx switches with vlan enabled for each ports of the FW for the correspoding subnet). Is there any specific commands to enable the same. Or else, Kindly provide me the necessary details.

Regards

Karthikeyan V

I do not have details about your set up, but looks like similar to mine. you have to set a HSRP between the Switches 6500 and have the standby address as default for the FW. The VRRP address will be the default for the network. The only special command you need fo rthe switch ports you have the FW is "set port host" this will inidcate to the switch that the port has a server connected and can not make trunks.

For the VRRP communications between NOKIA FW you have to reffer to the vendors.

I hope it helps.

Regards,

Gilson

I hope it helps.

Views
Helpful
Replies