Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

FWSM upgrade

I have a problem with upgrade the image of the FWSM of my catalyst 6506 core switch.

I have the new image on my laptop which has an IP address of 10.21.17.34 on my LAN and when I telnet into the core switch and session into the FWSM,and issue the "copy tftp flash",the message below is what I get.

Can anyone show me the exact procedure to do the upgrade and what is wrong with my approach.

Core02FWSM> en

Password:

Core02FWSM# copy tftp flash

Address or name of remote host [172.22.10.2]? 10.21.17.34

Source file name [fwconfig.txt]? c6svc-fwm-k9.3-1-1.bin

copying tftp://10.21.17.34/c6svc-fwm-k9.3-1-1.bin to flash:image

[yes|no|again]?yes

WARNING: TFTP download incomplete!

tftp: Unspecified Error

Image not installed.

Core02FWSM#

1 REPLY

Re: FWSM upgrade

Are you running maintenance software Release 2.1(2) prior to upgrading teo FWSM Release 3.1?

Please see the following upgrade requirements:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat6000/mod_icn/fwsm/fwsm_3_1/fwsm31up.htm#wp2113266

Upgrade Requirements

?You must install maintenance software Release 2.1(2) before you upgrade to FWSM Release 3.1. See the "Upgrading Maintenance Software to Release 2.1(2)" section for more information.

?Client PC operating system and browser requirements for ASDM Version 5.0F are listed in Table 1.

Please rate helpful posts.

Views
Helpful
Replies