cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

G.SHDSL questions

bronning
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer who wishes to use g.shdsl to connect 3 remote sites to a central site. (the carrier has confirmed service availability at the sites)

Can anyone please confirm my understanding of this technology by commenting on the following statements..

- a g.shdsl link is (or can be) basically a piece of cable between a site and another site, patched via the carrier exchange.

- this link can be brought up by installing a g.shdsl device (say a cisco 828) at each end and configuring one as CO and the other as CPE.

- one physical g.shdsl interface per remote site is required at the central site (unlike frame relay which can be point-multipoint)

- Since it is "just an open pipe" I can use any addressing I please.

What I would like to be able to do, is use a single g.shdsl interface at the CO end, but from what I understand this is not possible (as per the above statements). Any comments or clarification would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

BR.

1 Reply 1

pserpant
Level 1
Level 1

The statements you posted are correct.

The g.shdsl ling is a just a pair of wires. So in your case you will be provided with 3 pairs at central office. So yes each pair will need a separate interface.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco