Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

G.SHDSL questions

I have a customer who wishes to use g.shdsl to connect 3 remote sites to a central site. (the carrier has confirmed service availability at the sites)

Can anyone please confirm my understanding of this technology by commenting on the following statements..

- a g.shdsl link is (or can be) basically a piece of cable between a site and another site, patched via the carrier exchange.

- this link can be brought up by installing a g.shdsl device (say a cisco 828) at each end and configuring one as CO and the other as CPE.

- one physical g.shdsl interface per remote site is required at the central site (unlike frame relay which can be point-multipoint)

- Since it is "just an open pipe" I can use any addressing I please.

What I would like to be able to do, is use a single g.shdsl interface at the CO end, but from what I understand this is not possible (as per the above statements). Any comments or clarification would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

BR.

1 REPLY

Re: G.SHDSL questions

The statements you posted are correct.

The g.shdsl ling is a just a pair of wires. So in your case you will be provided with 3 pairs at central office. So yes each pair will need a separate interface.

Views
Helpful
Replies