cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

GEIP+ board on 7507

hashaari
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having a problem installating a GEIP+ board into a Cisco 7507, whenever I install the board the router will send a message that it detect the card but after that all other interface in the router (ATM, POS, FE, PRI) will goes down leaving only loopback int to be up. I then unplug the board and reload the router and it works fine. Is there any compatibility issue with GEIP+ board and IOS software, FYI the software version is

RSP-ISV-M version 12.2.(2)T4

Any ideas guys? Appreciate the help.

2 Replies 2

jasyoung
Level 7
Level 7

Keep in mind that ANY online insertion in a 7500-class router results in the chassis "freezing" for 60-90 seconds while the RSP restarts the cbus and does other maintenance tasks (memd recarve, etc). Did you wait for the chassis to recover from the online insertion? I'm guessing so since you claim the loopback was pingable, but I want to check.

If you have to run a T release, run the latest one like 12.2(15)T2, or try 12.3, which has been quite stable and useful for us.

Yes, you're correct. I didn't wait for the chassis to recover because it was a rush job. It did freeze for about 90 seconds to my timing. On the software side it was not an issue. Thanks for the help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: