cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ghosting Running Extremely Slow

lcoles
Level 1
Level 1

I'm ghosting from one PC to another. The PCS are on both on the same vlan. Yesterday I was doing the same thing and it took about 15 minutes. Today the ghosting application is stating it will take about 1 hour. There is nothing different today than yesterday. I'm fairly new at networking. What can I do to look at this traffic to see if I can figure out why this is running so slow? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Laurie Coles

3 Replies 3

cyberpete
Level 1
Level 1

GURANTEE IT IS A DUPLEX/SPEED SETTING ON THE PORT OR NUC CARD - ENSURE BOTTH ARE HARD CODED TO BEST SPEEDS - HOPEFULLY 100 FULL DUPLEX

zhouxiaoding
Level 1
Level 1

Check the speed and duplex, make sure both PC have the same configuration of that. Like speed 100 & duplex full.

lcoles
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you for the suggestion. After working on this all day it was discovered that a switch on the ghosting executable file needed to be turned on where it would use the computer's bios. We used to use this switch on computers a long while back. Now it seems the new Gateway computers that we are receiving must have this switch on. Thanks again for everyone's help. Laurie Coles