Since we installed the new network we have on our 6500 Giant Frames on the Trunkports(dot1q)and rapid spanning tree to the access-switches. All Accessswitches are running without problems and errors. Also on the Etherchannel between the 2 6500 i have Giant frames. Has anyone an idea? I tried to set the MTU size on the Etherchannel (2 tengigabit) to 9216
on the accesswitches i have MTU 1500
Here is a sh int from a gig port
GigabitEthernet2/7 is up, line protocol is up (connected)
Hardware is C6k 1000Mb 802.3, address is 0015.6251.70de (bia 0015.6251.70de)
Description: to lwnsw150102
MTU 1500 bytes, BW 1000000 Kbit, DLY 10 usec,
reliability 255/255, txload 1/255, rxload 1/255
Encapsulation ARPA, loopback not set
Full-duplex, 1000Mb/s, media type is LH
input flow-control is off, output flow-control is off
Clock mode is auto
ARP type: ARPA, ARP Timeout 04:00:00
Last input 00:00:27, output 00:00:04, output hang never
Last clearing of "show interface" counters 1d20h
Input queue: 0/2000/0/0 (size/max/drops/flushes); Total output drops: 0
I think your giants are caused by 802.1Q frames, which use an additional 4 bytes, making the total 1522 bytes. These are called baby-giant frames. I would think setting the MTU to 1504 (which then would total 1522) should be sufficient...
This bug was fixed in 12.2(17d)SXB11. So I would stick with this unless you need features of newer releases. Do read the release notes for known issues before you decide on which release you want to upgrade to
Question We run asr9001 with XR 6.1.3, and we have a very long delay to
login w/ SSH 1 or 2 to the device compare to IOS device. After
investigation, the there is 1s delay between the client KEXDH_INIT and
the server (XR) KEXDH_REPLY. After debug ssh serv...
Introduction The purpose of this document is to demonstrate the Open
Shortest Path First (OSPF) behavior when the V-bit (Virtual-link bit) is
present in a non-backbone area. The V-bit is signaled in Type-1 LSA only
if the router is the endpoint of one or ...
Hi, I am seeing quite a few issues with patch install and wanted to
share my experience and workaround to this. Login to admin via CLI, then
access root with the “shell” command Issue “df –h” and you’ll probably
see the following directory full or nearly ...