Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
You may experience some slow load times, errors, and slight inconsistencies. We ask for your patience as we finalize the launch. Thank you.

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

GIG attached severs to CAT6000

We are currently experiencing packet lost on our new router network! We are still investigating, but I would like to know if there is a suggested way to connect server to a CAT6000. For example: Does Cisco suggest flowcontrol enable or disable? What other settings should be turn on or off? Is there a white paper about this issue. Please let me know if you are aware of any issues. Thanks.

Miguel

• Other Network Infrastructure Subjects
1 REPLY

Re: GIG attached severs to CAT6000

By default it is disabled to maintain backward compatibility as not all devices are capable of xmitting a PAUSE frame.

This might give you an idea, but i would suggest that if you have a NIC that is capable and you are experiencing congestion on THAT link then do enable it.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/hw/switches/ps679/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a008007f794.html

Regards

Views
Helpful
Replies