Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Gigastack GBIC Actual Speed Slow

I have a cluster of switches in a star topology. When I display the topology view in CMS the actual port speeds on my gigastack links are at 10Mbps on the 3548s and 1000Mbps on the 2950. The do have the yellow lightning bolt indicating gigastack cabling. the 3548s are running IOS 12.0(5.4)WC(1) and the 2950 is running IOS 12.1(9)EA1. Has anyone else experienced a similar situation?

2 REPLIES

Re: Gigastack GBIC Actual Speed Slow

I have not yet experienced this situation, but it seems to me that this will be just a minor bug. The actual speed of the Gigastack will certainly be 1000 Gbps! Which of these switches is the cluster command switch? It should be one of the 2950's because they run a higher IOS version!! I would suggest to upgrade the 2950's towards 12.1(11)EA1a and the 3548's towards 12.0(5)WC5a, both IOS + HTML.

Hope this helps!

cheers,

Dimitri

Re: Gigastack GBIC Actual Speed Slow

The 2950 is the command switch. I had downloaded IOS 12.0(5)WC5a for the 3548 and 12.1(11)EA1a for the 2950. Just had a chance to load them and reload this morning. The topology IS now displaying correctly. Thanks!!

Views
Helpful
Replies