Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

GLBP

Hello,

I am looking at the possibility of deploying GLBP in our environment and I am looking for feedback, either positive or negative, from engineers that have deployed the protocol in their infrastructure. Any feed back - success stories and/or gory details - is welcome.

Thanks for your time.

-m2

3 REPLIES

Re: GLBP

Hello,

what I could recommend is to search for "GLBP" in the forum to get some experiences and good explanations.

From the posts you can also understand what GLBP can and can not do for you.

I tried it quickly in a lab environment, it seems to work.

Hope this helps

Martin

We have been using GLBP for about a year in the distribution layer (6509 sup720). I like GLBP better than HSRP and haven't seen any issues. We use HSRP on 4500 sup4 in some of the smaller distribution areas, and will migrate to GLBP when the 4500 supports it. We have the hello and hold timers tuned to 1 and 3 seconds. We have tested the timers as low as 250/750 ms. We run subnet per closet with a L3 connection between distribution boxes. GLBP effectively gives me 2G capacity to the closets.

Here is a sample config to one of our closets. Our network size is around 7000 devices. Hope this helps.

interface Vlan50

description 209

ip address 10.4.50.2 255.255.255.0

ip helper-address 10.1.8.10

glbp 50 ip 10.4.50.1

glbp 50 timers 1 3

glbp 50 weighting 115 lower 100 upper 104

glbp 50 weighting track 11

glbp 50 weighting track 21

glbp 50 forwarder preempt delay minimum 90

end

Thanks for your input and the configuration example.

-m2

Views
Helpful
Replies