I have one 1760 router --> conected to a 2950 switch (no Gb port) --> connected to a 3550 switch (with Gb port) --> IP Phones --> PCs.
Second Picture is another one 1760 RT --> 3550 switch (with Gb port) --> IP Phones --> PCs.
I would like to combine both router into one. The problem is that a 1760 router has only one Fa interface; therefore, I need to connect all the switches together and I would like to hear some suggestions.
My thoughts are,
1. Keep the 2950 switch to connect all the devices that do not require Power over ethernet such as printers, etc.
2. Use one Gb port on one of the 3550 to connect my server.
3. Use second Gb port to connect both 3550 switches
My questions are:
1. I want to configure (besides management vlan) data vlan and Voice Vlan. Should I configure the 2950 on server mode and configure everything in there?
2. I have to connect my 2950 to my 3550 using trunking. Would that affect my traffic since the link is slower that a GB port?
Any feedback will be appreciated. Let me know if you need more info.
This document gives several answers on frequently asked questions for PFRv3 channel state behavior.
Q1: What are all the channel operational states from a BR (border role) perspective and what are the rules/conditions to be in each st...
The need was to reach an host inside a LAN through a VPN connection managed by the LAN gateway (Cisco 1921).
The LAN gateway performs NAT and there was a dedicate nat rule for the host i wanted to reach through VPN.
I couldn't connect to the hos...