Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Webcast-Catalyst9k

Grouping to Switch Ports together (3550)

I need to figure out how to group two switch ports together for one server. I have set up the Teaming of the NICS on the server (IBM x345) and the software is telling me that the switch is not set up to do this. Any ideas what I need to do?

-A rookie cisco guy

Tim

5 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: Grouping to Switch Ports together (3550)

You probably need to configure an LACP etherchannel link on the 3550:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/c3550/12114ea1/3550scg/swethchl.htm

On the two switch ports, configure:

channel-group 1 active

HTH

I read through the doc and used the code that you had there. I added it to the switch, but when I go back to the server in question and test the teaming it comes up with:

"The teaming mode requires port aggregation on the switch, but the switch is not configured with port aggregation."

Am I looking in the wrong location???!!?

TIA.

Tim

Bronze

Try setting the channel group to "on" instead of active.

I found this article on IBM's site:

http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=0&q=The+teaming+mode+requires+port+aggregation+on+the+switch%2c+but+the+switch+is+not+configured+with+port&uid=ssg1S1001661&loc=en_US&cs=utf-8&cc=us〈=en

Look at the .pdf file there.

Maybe it would be of some use...

Cisco Employee

can you post your current etherchannel config?

I think that is the problem, I don't have it configured at all. I am still stumbling through learning about this. Our network services guys all use Compaq/HP equip. and I was told by them, we just plugged it in and config'd it on the server and it worked.....not much help to me....any pointers to see what the config, if any is?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content