cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Hard coding interface

toyinsekoni
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, two questions. How can i hard code all the interfaces on my switch(catalyst 2950 series) to full duplex and speed 100mbps at once rather than doing them one after the other.

Secondly, i just hard coded the interface connected to a router (2621xm)and that interface stopped working (using the cable to the router, but works with a cable from anothe interface on the switch). It only works when i do either full duplex and auto speed or auto duplex and 100mbps. Just wondering why this is so. Surely there's an explanation right?

Thanks

Daniel

3 Replies 3

Roberto Salazar
Level 8
Level 8

How can i hard code all the interfaces on my switch(catalyst 2950 series) to full duplex and speed 100mbps at once rather than doing them one after the other.

A: int range fa0/1 - 24 >> range keyword will alow you to configure fa 1-24 all at the same time.

Secondly, i just hard coded the interface connected to a router (2621xm)and that interface stopped working (using the cable to the router, but works with a cable from anothe interface on the switch). It only works when i do either full duplex and auto speed or auto duplex and 100mbps.

A: There is a reason but needs to be troubleshot. What is the status of the interface on both ends up/down? down/down? What is the 2621's interface configured as when the 2950 is full/auto? how about when 2950 is auto/100? Does the connection wrk when both sides are auto/auto? Make sure that both ends are configure the same way, for example, if 2950 is full/100 the 2621 MUST be full/100 as well.

Please rate all posts.

hi, Thanks for the response. The interfaces works when they on auto/auto, but do not (the witch interface) when they are both full/100.

I've run into similar situation in more than one occation, and I'm also curious on why the two interfaces wouldn't work w/ 100/full hardcoded on both sides.