cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Hardware question

netops01
Level 1
Level 1

I intend to use a 3825 with an EtherSwitch 24 port module in a remote office. I intend to use VLANs to seperate various departments. My questions are this.

1.Can the SFP slot on the 3825 chassis be used as a VTP trunk port to connect to other switches? I would appreciate any pointers to configuration guides available.

2 I intend to use 1000BASE-SX SFP module (GLC-SX-MM). Where can I get Cisco part numbers of SFP to ST and SFP to SC multi-mode patch cables?

Many thanks

Ian

2 Replies 2

lgijssel
Level 9
Level 9

Answers

1: Yes you can. This will require adv ip services IOS

2: Just searched for SFP:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/modules/ps5455/products_data_sheet0900aecd8033f885.html

The order codes for the modules are at the bottom of the page. I am afraid that the cables got lost somewhere on the way but we usually have them made on specification. (i.e. non-ciso) This has always worked well and proves to be a lot cheaper as well.

Regards,

Leo

Leo

Thanks for answering the VTP question. I was going to be using the Adv Security IOS, so I need to upgrade. Good to know now.

As for the fibre cables. I am working in Riyadh and there seems to be no local supplier of made to measure cables. Thus I was hoping that there was a Cisco part number. I have had no luck searching the site. Hope my local Cisco reseller can help!!

Ian

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: