cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

HELP: 3524 having problem POST

vache
Level 1
Level 1

hi folks, i urgently need help. i had this problem on my switch and refuse to POST. (which i didnt use it for a couple of months, laying there in the store room) the only light i can see upon power on, the port 1 and 3 lights on (green and amber repectively), thats all. sometime even port 9 or 21. i cant console in. anyone can advice what is the problem im facing? is there a way to rectify?

many many thanks in advance.

2 Replies 2

rmcarthur
Level 1
Level 1

Looks like a hardware fault, though it may just be a result of the conditions it has been stored in (dampness, humidity etc), in which case it may come back to life on it's own after a day or two out of the store room...

Can you break into switch: prompt by holding mode button and power cycling? If you can, check the flash image and file structure are OK.

Do leds 1-8 show amber for a few secs after power up then go solid green on 1? If so, you've likely got a Dram failure I'm afraid.

HTH

Thanks HTH,

I cant break into the switch by holding on the 'Mode' button while powering on. And also there is no light on the LEDS1-8, except once in a while the 'Util' LED came out.

I really puzzle about whats going on. Hope that it will recovery by miracle after a few days.