Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

HELP: 3524 having problem POST

hi folks, i urgently need help. i had this problem on my switch and refuse to POST. (which i didnt use it for a couple of months, laying there in the store room) the only light i can see upon power on, the port 1 and 3 lights on (green and amber repectively), thats all. sometime even port 9 or 21. i cant console in. anyone can advice what is the problem im facing? is there a way to rectify?

many many thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: HELP: 3524 having problem POST

Looks like a hardware fault, though it may just be a result of the conditions it has been stored in (dampness, humidity etc), in which case it may come back to life on it's own after a day or two out of the store room...

Can you break into switch: prompt by holding mode button and power cycling? If you can, check the flash image and file structure are OK.

Do leds 1-8 show amber for a few secs after power up then go solid green on 1? If so, you've likely got a Dram failure I'm afraid.

HTH

Re: HELP: 3524 having problem POST

Thanks HTH,

I cant break into the switch by holding on the 'Mode' button while powering on. And also there is no light on the LEDS1-8, except once in a while the 'Util' LED came out.

I really puzzle about whats going on. Hope that it will recovery by miracle after a few days.

Views
Helpful
Replies