Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Help Cat6506 Crash

Hi I was wondering if anyone out there working with the Cat6506's ever received this error message on a crash.

*** Emulating mis-aligned store at 0x00040082

PC = 0xbfc03ea0 ...

*** TLB (Store) Exception ***

Access address = 0x40082

PC = 0xbfc09508, Cause = 0xc80c, Status Reg = 0x24410003

Any help would be great!!! Cisco can't seem to resolve the issue. 5 Sups and a Chassis replacement I still have the same issue.

Can someone help?

NOTE:

I have no access to the MSFC. That's managed by our ISP.

2 REPLIES
Blue

Re: Help Cat6506 Crash

when replacing the supervisors, did the memory get replaced or just swapped from the old to the new? seems like a problem storing data in the memory.....

as with TAC, i cannot find a specific document describing this issue.

if all else fails and you really need to get this resolved, tell TAC to escalate the case and provide a 'Root Cause Analysis'. this usually takes awhile, a few weeks to a couple of months is my experience. (they usually need to duplicate the symptom for starters)

Re: Help Cat6506 Crash

Thanks for the reply. I have changed the memory out twice with new memory. I'm not sure what else the problem could be. This is really frustrating. I have searched all over the web for this issue and I can not find anything on it.

I will keep on looking. The switch seems to crash like once a month. :o(

Views
Helpful
Replies