Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Help -Channelized T1 PRI card configuration examples needed!!!

I have to set up a channelized T1 PRI card to do ISDN, but out of the 23 channels, they have to be split-up to fit into 3 OSPF areas. I have my three subnets, but how do I assigned the B channels to the right OSPF area? If I assigned an IP address to serial 2/0:23 (D channel) then it gets applied to all the other B channel, right? Basically what I would like is, let's say 7 Bchannels per OSPF areas. Do I have to configure multiple D channels? Anybody have any suggestion or examples. I just found out that I have to get this going tomorrow morning.

All the help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mario Laniel

3 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: Help -Channelized T1 PRI card configuration examples needed!

Yopu need to use dialer profiles. See the following URL for an example. This is for BRI but the principle is the same -

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/793/access_dial/ddr_dialer_profile.html

That's what I'm using, but what about the pri card configuration itself? Can I get away without giving an ip address to the D channel? So basically I could have 3 dialer interface, one for each OSPF area, with an IP address reflecting the right subnet for each area and then assign my B channels to the desire dialer interface. Is that the way to go? My concern was really setting up the D channel. Do I still have to set ip up, but maybe I can do it without an IP address.

Tell me if this is making any sense

Regards,

Mario Laniel

Hi,

You cannot divide the pri into more than one pri group that contains the D channel as that one is the one that has the signaling. You must use channel groups with as many time-slots as you require. There will appear as many interfaces as you configured. After that, I have not followed but I guess it would not be very difficult.

Pablo

Views
Helpful
Replies