Views
Helpful
Replies

Help configuring Cisco 3745 and 3725

barreraj
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, Everyone

I just been awarded the responsibility of installing 4 3745 Cisco routers. The local phone company wanted $5500 dollars for the installation and my employer thinks is to much. I was looking at the Cisco website for sample configurations but I couldn't find them. I need to share the T1 channels link for voice and data. I haven't done Cisco for like 2 years. Can someone help me with some guidance to find some information in how to do that.

Thanks

JBary

4 Replies 4

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

Can you be more specific on what module you are using? And also what you are exactly trying to do with sharing the T1 for voice and data ?

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

I have the following equipment:

3725 (3) Qty

3700 Series, 2-Slot, Dual FE, Multiservice Access Router

Cisco 3725 Series IOS IP/IPX/APPLETALK

2-Port Serial WAN Interface Card

V.35 Cable, DTE Male to Smart Serial, 10 Feet

3745 (1) Qty

3700 Series, 4-Slot, Dual FE, Multiservice Access Router

Cisco 3745 Series IOS IP/IPX/APPLETALK

4-Port Serial Network Module

V.35 Cable, DTE, Male, 10 Feet

This routers will need to provide data and voice services. My understanding is that some channels are use for voice and some for data. External Adtran DSU's will be provided to split the channels.

Thanks for your help

JB

So in your case, since the dsu is external and is doing the muxing and demuxing, you dont need any special configurations on the router. The router will just route data, while the voice coming into the adtran will be muxed with the data coming from router and sent out the t1 line. All you need is a v.35 cable from router to the dsu.

You will need to set the channels appropriately on the adtran. Mostly all adtrans are configurable via a console cable and hyperterminal. The channels you decide for data needs to be set as Nx while the remaining can be set to DSX ( i think) if you are using the DSX port for voice. (The above settings of adtran are for the TSU IQ+ model, settings might be different for different models)

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

I just talk to my manager and he's telling me that no CSU/DSU's were ordered because this routers are suppose to be able to do everything.

So, No external CSU's splitting of the line; all is suppose to be configure within the Cisco IOS. I'm looking for sample configs.

The voice channels are connecting to PBX system Tosh*** the rest are for data.

Thanks

JB