cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Help!! Have 2 chassis AS5300 (one more older than other) (+ inside )

azamy
Level 1
Level 1

More older unit can't define two modules with MICA modems (240 mdms in a whole). More newer unit define them without problems.

But both units define a module with 8 E1 ports.

What can be a problem? I have "sh tech" output in a files for both units and can send it to an expert who will try to help me.

Azamat

ExNet ISP

info@exnet.kg

4 Replies 4

makchitale
Level 6
Level 6

When you say older unit do you mean older IOS? The carrier card for the 12 port modem module is AS53-CC2-DM...This can be used for both the 6 & 12 port modules. Ensure you have the CC2 card.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/access/acs_serv/5300/hw_inst/mod_inst/53mmicv2.htm

Thanks, Mak.

Mak

only with AS53-CC2-DM we can put 240 MICA modems to the case.

one unit is manuf. 1999 and the second at 2000

Also I have following message during "sh tech" at "old" unit:

ROM: System Bootstrap, Version 11.2(9)XA, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc2)

at more newer one this message looks like this:

ROM: System Bootstrap, Version 12.0(2)XD1, EARLY DEPLOYMENT RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

but at one cisco document I saw that double density modem card will work with boot code ver. 12 and late.

is this difference causes a problem with identification of installed cards in older unit?

tepatel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You are right..you need to have a boot code 12.0(2)XA, 12.0(3)T, 12.1(1), 12.1(1)T, 12.1(5)T or later in oder to get AS53-CC2-DM recognized in the system.

Following is the url which discuss exactly the same. visit table 2.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/access/acs_serv/5300/sw_conf/sw_ports/compmat/53ios6pt.htm

So upgrading the bootcode will resolve the issue.

Thank you for yor response

Pls say where can I get a step-by-step explanation of upgrading procedure?

I have to replace a ROM chip from my chassis to one with new verion ?

or old version of boot code from my ROM-chip can be replaced by the new one without changing a chip itself? who can do it? I have to ask the nearest Cisco partner?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: