cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Help, is anyone familar with connecting cisco and micom routers together?

gschertz
Level 1
Level 1

I need to hook up a cisco router into an existing frame-relay network run on micom routers with the IRM moduel. I can link with the frame-relay and see the active dlci. but IP is not working. I'm sure the IP adderssing is corect. I am geting an encapsulation error on the cisco. I have tryed all the frame-relay encapulation types on the cisco. Can anyone help with this or have an idea of what I need to do?

2 Replies 2

svermill
Level 4
Level 4

Your best bet is ietf encapsulation. But you'll need to check that your Micom routers also support that. Also, incedentally, encapsulation errors are very generic. Don't be misled into believing that you necessarily have an encapsulation issue just because you have an encapsulation failure. I have seen some really crazy things cause that to show up in debug output.

Thanks I also emailed Micom and their answer was that No the IRM moduel on the Micoms will no talk IP to cisco routers. However their new module coming out in march will be compatible with cisco routers.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: