cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Help me in understanding framing

ynverma
Level 1
Level 1

I have cisco 7513. I want to configure one controller without framing (no framing at all) and no channel-group.

If I do so for framing (no framing) even then I get CRC 16 on the interface how can I remove this?

Secondaly when I use no channel-group for controller after that I am not able to configur the interface on that controller?

Please help me..

4 Replies 4

kspinks
Level 1
Level 1

Sounds like you're getting the controllers default. I would check with TAC to see if you can disable that. Not knowing what you are trying to accomplish, I'm curious as to why you want the framing disabled. It's possible that you have the wrong controller card for the type of circuit you are trying to bring up. I've never seen a Telco circuit without framing of some kind. Are you trying to use the circuit for Voice traffic? or data?

Infact I am from TELCO only. As my all E1 controllers are channelized. I want to use one controller to provide raw bandwidth i.e. without framing. And also with no channel group.

svermill
Level 4
Level 4

Be warned that if you put an unframed signal across most telco networks, alarms will light up in the NOC. So if they allow you to do this, they will need to suppress all alarms for your circuit. Usually not a very good idea. Furthermore, depending on the equipment they use to build your circuit, it may not even be possible.

Infact I am from TELCO only. As my all E1 controllers are channelized. I want to use one controller to provide raw bandwidth i.e. without framing. And also with no channel group.