Views
Helpful
Replies

Help on Debug

nandurisrini
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Friends,

I am getting the below error messages in my ROuter Logs.can any one help me explain me and give a solution for this.

2d04h: %AMDP2_FE-3-UNDERFLO: Ethernet0/1 transmit error

2d05h: %AMDP2_FE-6-EXCESSCOLL: Ethernet0/0 TDR=1, TRC=0

4 Replies 4

dnagarajachary
Level 1
Level 1

While transmitting a frame, the local buffer of the controller chip received insufficient data because data could not be transferred to the chip fast enough to keep pace with its output rate. Normally, such a problem is temporar y, depending on transient peak loads within the system. The system should recover.

Ethernet or Fast Ethernet is detecting multiple collisions. This condition may occur under heavy loads. The system should recover.

Refer the following site for information

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios112/fgemf.htm

-Deepu

hank You all for the Valuable Responses.

Rgds

Srini

j.vanrooyen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there follow this link to the error message decoder , it will tell you exactly what the problem is if any:

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Support/Errordecoder/home.pl

The following is the feedabck from the decoder with regard to your error's.

1. %AMDP2_FE-3-UNDERFLO: [chars], transmit error

While transmitting a frame, the local buffer of the controller chip received insufficient data because data could not be transferred to the chip fast enough to keep pace with its output rate. Normally, such a problem is temporar y, depending on transient peak loads within the system. The system should recover.

Recommended Action: No action is required.

Related documents: No specific documents apply to this error message.

2. %AMDP2_FE-3-UNDERFLO: AMDP2/FE [chars], Transmit underflow

While transmitting a frame, the local buffer of the controller chip has received insufficient data because data could not be transferred to the chip fast enough to keep pace with its output rate. Normally, such a problem i s temporary, depending on transient peak loads within the system.

Recommended Action: The system should recover. No action is required

Related documents: No specific documents apply to this error message.

kthanuva
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

For this warning message in console

%AMDP2_FE-3-UNDERFLO: [chars], transmit error

For this warning message:

%AMDP2_FE-6-EXCESSCOLL: [chars] TDR=[dec], TRC=[dec]

Ethernet or Fast Ethernet is detecting multiple collisions. This condition may occur under heavy loads. The system should recover.

The above 2 warning message won't affect your router functionality and performation and it should recover automatically.

Regards

Kiruba

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: