cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Help required on CiscoWorks

rshanmugam
Level 1
Level 1

I have installed Cisco Works 2000 with RME and Campus Manager on a Windows NT4.0, SP6a server with PIII 866 MHz and 1 GB RAM. But when I try to access through the browser client, the performance seems to be drastically slow. Also I can’t find any installation problems. Can somebody advise?

Raj

6 Replies 6

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

What is the version of RME and web browser that you're using?. IE tends to be a bit fast than Netscape. Also, is the performance same if you access CW2K from the server itself?. When you say performance is slow, how slow is it?

I`m using RME 3.2 with CW2k CD one third edition ,and the browser version IE 6.0. The performance is same ,if I access the CW2K from the server itself.For loading a page,it takes about 3-4 minutes exactly.

Raj

Have a look at the the task manager in NT. Is the processor running at high levels (if so, which processes?), how is the memory utilization?

Also, make sure you have installed jre 1.3.1 & that your jvm is a recent version. IE5.5 always works well for me.

Also, is your server correctly configured in your DNS (if you are using DNS) ?

Hi:

Following are the processes that uses maximum CPU and memory . The CPU is getting utilized an average of 70-75% and the memory usage is an average of 40-45%

dbsrv6.exe

cwjava.exe

As you suggested the system is running JRE 1.3.1 and latest version of JVM.

We are not using DNS.

Please advise.

Hi,

It is difficult to know how to progress this.

I have never seen CW2K running that badly on a correctly configured and spec'ed server.

I can only suggest you make sure you have all OS patches installed and maybe re-install CW2K if you are sure your OS is running OK..

.....Sorry.

jasonmackenzie
Level 1
Level 1

I have experienced this and Cisco site recommends only accessing RME through a web client and not directly on the server i.e another machine. I have also resimulated this with CWorks on VMWare and this seems to work.