cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

help restoring default registers in the 0x2xxx range

mloopsmloops
Level 1
Level 1

i recently accidentally changed my configuration register to 0xfe3f on a cisco 831 router and reset it, i thought this would help on refreshing the flash since i had previously lost my IOS from flash and all available images i have on other c831 routers are larger than my available memory.

I tried the break function (ctrl+space bar) but all i got was more of jumbledup output on my hyper terminal screen.

MäñôÙ4Á¼a{ˆ puhæ pý$áûaâø\

please help me with this its really important to me thta i get it resolved

2 Replies 2

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

i recently accidentally changed my configuration register to 0xfe3f on a cisco 831 router and reset it, i thought this would help on refreshing the flash since i had previously lost my IOS from flash and all available images i have on other c831 routers are larger than my available memory.

I tried the break function (ctrl+space bar) but all i got was more of jumbledup output on my hyper terminal screen.

MäñôÙ4Á¼a{ˆ puhæ pý$áûaâø\

please help me with this its really important to me thta i get it resolved

Hi,

Check out the below link for recovery method in cisco routers series 800.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps380/products_password_recovery09186a00800942bc.shtml

HTH

If helpful do rate the post

Ganesh.H

Thankyou ganeshh for your response, am going to check it out and i will let you know how it goes.