Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Help with Traffic Director

Hi! Can someone help me with the traffic director. When i try to install properties in a agent, he send me a error message:

Install aborted:

Installing Agent:cisco3500XL, Domain:ATALK,

Group:ProtocolDir

Entry or Group not present in

Agent:cisco3500XL

I don't know what this mean. It's because i made a bad instalation? I try to find in program help, but i don't find anything.

Thanks.

Pedro Guerra from Portugal.

4 REPLIES

Re: Help with Traffic Director

have you install the proper packet?

Entry or Group not present in Agent---I have seen this error in its accessory pdf doc.

i have a seem problem .

what is a proper packet ?

Cisco Employee

Cisco switches only support the "min-RMON" subset of RMON (alarms,events,stats,history); you need to select the appropriate Traffic Director properties file for switches. It looks like you selected a properties file for probes - ATALK is Apple Talk, and that is an RMON2 network layer thing.

If you can't find the necessary info in the TD docs, open a support case with Cisco TAC.

Hello Pedro,

Those messages are telling you that the object is not supported on the device...If you dont feel like checking all of the supported mib objects on the device in question and it is not an object you REALLY want to look for, just go to the Edit Properities page and remove that object...

I would suggest creating a new property group, not using the Default one, since you can base other property groups off of that...

Good Luck..

jim

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content