Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

High CPU Process Router 7507 With EIGRP

Hi

I have the following problem.

One of my Routers 7507 present a high Cpu Process and when i check the Proccess with a Show proccess CPU Commamd the: IP-EIGRP Router proccess especifically was in 72 % in the last 5 Minutes.

This is the Output of the SHOW Proccess CPU and i want to know with this proccess make this. I have like 200 Branch officces conected to this 7507 Router Via ATM and the 7507 is managing like 250 Networks. i want to know what is the function of the IP EIGRP Router Proccess???...... What could be the problem?????

Please Help me Because qhen this problem happen the Headquarters loose conectivity with the Branches.

2 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: High CPU Process Router 7507 With EIGRP

The IP EIGRP process, as its name suggests, is the process which manages the EIGRP routing protocol. High CPU here is most probably because you have instabilities in the network which are causing routes to flap so EIGRP is continually trying to find a feasible successor for the failed routes. You need to address this root cause.

Gold

Re: High CPU Process Router 7507 With EIGRP

Could you take a look at show ip eigrp events, to see what is going on with eigrp when you get this sort of CPU utilization? Your best bet is going to be to open a TAC case, but looking at the event log, we might be able to get a clue as to what's going on. The event log is going to be big, so don't post the whole thing, just 30 or 40 lines, say the 30 oldest ones and the 30 newest ones, maybe. Maybe 30 in the middle someplace. The event log should be 500 lines.

:-)

Russ.W

Views
Helpful
Replies