Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

High Level Network Design

Hi Guys

I am posting this because I am starting my career into network design and want some help in it. I am at present in need of a high level design overview as I need to prepare some high level network design documents. Can anyone shower some thoughts in it as how about doing this and if any there is a template for HDD so that it maybe useful.

Also I believe in keeping information as transparent as possible to the readers of the document and need someone to explain in very simple terms if at all it is possible.

Thanks a lot

Vin

Everyone's tags (1)
2 REPLIES

Re: High Level Network Design

Hi Vin,

I would check the Cisco SBA and Validated Design Zone as a first pass.

Lots of great design documents there.

As for how I would create a high level design - keep it simple.  You just want an overview of the connectivity - e.g. for a dual-site head office with 100+ branch wan, I would only show a single branch site as a template.

Every network is different, but the more documentation you write and read the more you will define your own style.

Apologies I can't give you any of my customer's documentation - NDA's and everything!

Regards, Ash,

Re: High Level Network Design

Hi Ashley

Many thanks for your reply. I would try to read through the Cisco SBA and get some knowledge out of it.

Vin

Views
Helpful
Replies