Views
Helpful
Replies

Hotel infastructure

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

Dear Sir/Madam,

> I am currently doing my final year project, at the university college in Northamptonshire, England. I was wondering if you could help me with some advice on Virtual Private Networks. The project scenario is that I have 134 hotel sites nation wide, and would like to add the facility of high speed (broadband)internet access to each of the 52 guest rooms for business men and women, for there laptops, and maybe a separate LAN Conference room. Each hotel will be connected to a central headquarters via a VPN network. The headquarters will need a Finance database server, with required security for the transactions, and bookings, a Web server for the company website and a facility for Video conferencing. I have looked at some of the web pages you offer to show the basic idea of the setup, but I was wondering if you could give me an indication the components needed to achieve the scenario mentioned, with a budget of £1.885.669.01 for the whole project. If possible could you include some prices of the equipment? Thank You very much for your time, any help will be appreciated.

Thank You.

>

> Stephen Hebb

2 Replies 2

rinelson
Level 1
Level 1

Equipemnt that is required:

Pix firewalls 506's at most sites and a pix 525/535 the corporate location.

switches that support private vlan edge so guest will not hack one an other..

Layer3 switch to segement the lan between the hotel employees and guests

Cisco's BDSM server

router at the corporate location with greater than T1/E1 speed. Most likely BGP would be impleamented with 2-3 isp connection requiring 2+ routers.

Equipment that is optional depending on the facilities infrastructure

long range ethernet and the cpe devices that go with that

Equipment that is optional depending on the type of internet used at remote hotel locations.

routers.

hope this gets you in the right direction

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: