cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How can I deploy the load balance in the network like below?

s.ouyang
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

I'm Saimen.I am a networker and come from China.Would you like to give me some advice on deploying the load banlance in the network like below?

1 The hub-spoke WAN have two high performance 7200 routers in the center for backup, and every branch also have two 3700 routers for backup.Each point are connected by two lines provided by different ISP,such as DDN, FrameDelay.

Each 3700 is concected the 7200 by the DDN or FrameDelay.

2 My client ask me to deploy the load balance between the two

line because he/she don'nt waste the cost of another line every monthe by using the HSRP.

3 How can I deploy the load balance in the network? Routing protocol or F5?

Thank you very much for your kind help.

My email address:smouyang@21cn.com

1 Reply 1

rsissons
Level 5
Level 5

The router will automatically load balance across, up to 4, equal cost paths. The load balancing is on a session level rather than on a per packet basis so you may not get actual equal utilisations.

You can force the router to load share on a per packet basis by disabling fast switching, 'no ip router-cache' on the interface, however, this is NOT recommended as it will severely impact the performance of the router.

You set the cost in OSPF and in EIGRP you can use the bandwidth and delay command to ensure that equal costs are generated.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: