cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How can I determine optimal setting for WFQ?

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

In this scenario Cisco 2500 connected to several remotes via Frame Relay. One of the locations is experiencing bandwidth issues where FTP / or large e-mail attachments will starve the main application which is Telnet based. The default WFQ settings seem to be insuffiecent to cope, What would be a good setting to try on the WFQ side before attempting another method such as CBWFQ? The curent settings are default @ 64/256/0 I believe.

1 Reply 1

Not applicable

I think you might have to use class based WFQ for the issue above. The reason being the default queue for WFQ is depth in packets of each queue/maximun number of queues/number of queues which RSVP may reserve.

WFQ creats a seperate queue based on flows, the slower flows

get higher priority than faster flow. Telnet and ftp are both fast flows and if there are queued in two queues, the depth of both queue will be inherited from

the configured i.e 64/256/0. hence increasing this values will not

help your problem as the same queue dept will be used and inherited by all flows.

The solution is CBWFQ in which case we can allocate

bandwidth base on application. queue and dept are created

per class created w.r.t bandwidht allocation to the class.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: