Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

HOW CAN I MAP TO A DIFFERENT SUBNET(e.g. 10.75...net mapped to10.80..net)

Hello everyone,

i am having a problem connecting to a networked resources located in a different network. I tried different methods of troubleshooting but i can only telnet to the other net. i cannot access any software directly. what else can i do to overcome this??

Thank you

p.s. there are firewalls setup on both nets (e.g. 10.75...net and 10.80.. net) our LAN team had disable ping configs for security reasons.

1 REPLY
Bronze

Re: HOW CAN I MAP TO A DIFFERENT SUBNET(e.g. 10.75...net mapped

So you are able to telnet from the 10.75 network to the 10.80 network and vice versa, but your application is failing? What type of application are you trying to access on the remote network (ie what port are you trying to connect to?)

If you are able to telnet to the remote network, it sounds like routing is set up correctly so I'm not sure why you would want to map your network into the remote network.

A topology of your network and the relevant configs would help figure out what exactly isn't working and where the point of failure is.

Views
Helpful
Replies