cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How can I mirror all ports on CISCO 3750 switches to one Gigabyte port?

BlueTongue
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a requirement to mirror all the ports on my 7 CISCO 3750 switches, which are in 3 separate stacks, to one single Gigabyte Ethernet port.

Does anyone know how I can do that?

Thanks in advance.

4 Replies 4

vladrac-ccna
Level 5
Level 5

You need to configure RSPAN (remote span ) on all 7 CISCO switches.

check the sample config:

vlan 999

remote-span

monitor session 1 source interface fastethernet 1/1 both

monitor session 1 destination remote vlan 999

Catalyst B

vlan 999

remote-span

Catalyst C

vlan 999

remote-span

monitor session 1 source remote vlan 999

monitor session 1 destination interface fastethernet 4/48

Check the link:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat6000/122sx/swcg/span.htm#wp1059942

Please rate me dont hate me;

Regards,

vlad

Vlad, thanks a heap for your response.

I want to apply to my sitation. Please let me know if I get them right in the following:

Catalyst A

vlan 901

remote-span

monitor session 1 source interface fastethernet 1-48 (I want to monitor all ports on the CISCO 3725)

monitor session 1 destination remote vlan 901

Catalyst B

vlan 901

remote-span (If I don't need to monitor this switch, do I still need to put anything into this switch at all?)

Catalyst C

vlan 901

remote-span

monitor session 1 source interface fastethernet 1-48 (I want to monitor all ports on this switch as well)

monitor session 1 source remote vlan 901

monitor session 1 destination interface gigabitethernet 3 (There are 4 Gigabit Ethernet Uplink in CISCO 3750, I want all the traffic to go to port 3, is this the right way to do?)

Thanks in advance.

Hello Blue,

You need to configure the vlan in every device that passes this traffic. If Cat B is in the middle (A-B-C), you'll need to configure the vlan there.

and dont forget about the options [in out both] to make sure you'll get the traffic you need.

And I believe to specify the range you need to do something lik

fasthernet 0/1 - 48

By the way, rate me , I'd be glad.

Vlads

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You are probably going to overrun the port if you span 7 complete switches into one port and any statistics or whatever you are collecting will be inaccurate .

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: