cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How can I remove sub-interfaces in the routers?

teru-lei
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

When I config a router with sub-interfaces, I mistake to make a multipoint interface to point-to-point. And I use "no interface" command to erase it. But when I use "interface" command to create it again, the interface is automatically be a multipoint interface. How can I completely erase it?

Thank You!

Best Regards

Teru Lei

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

t.baranski
Level 4
Level 4

If specifying the interface type on the command line when you recreate it doesn't work, a reload of the router should fix it.

View solution in original post

donewald
Level 6
Level 6

Teru,

When you create and delete and sub-interface in error the interface will go into a "deleted" status (show ip int brief). This is a fastethernet but it's the same output as your serial.

FastEthernet0/0.1 unassigned YES manual deleted down

so when you create your sub-interface you'll need to create it as a point to point if that is what you want. int .# point-to-point.

The only way to get rid of the deleted sub-interfaces is to reload the router.

Hope this helps you,

Don

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

t.baranski
Level 4
Level 4

If specifying the interface type on the command line when you recreate it doesn't work, a reload of the router should fix it.

donewald
Level 6
Level 6

Teru,

When you create and delete and sub-interface in error the interface will go into a "deleted" status (show ip int brief). This is a fastethernet but it's the same output as your serial.

FastEthernet0/0.1 unassigned YES manual deleted down

so when you create your sub-interface you'll need to create it as a point to point if that is what you want. int .# point-to-point.

The only way to get rid of the deleted sub-interfaces is to reload the router.

Hope this helps you,

Don