Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

How can I remove sub-interfaces in the routers?

Hi all,

When I config a router with sub-interfaces, I mistake to make a multipoint interface to point-to-point. And I use "no interface" command to erase it. But when I use "interface" command to create it again, the interface is automatically be a multipoint interface. How can I completely erase it?

Thank You!

Best Regards

Teru Lei

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Bronze

Re: How can I remove sub-interfaces in the routers?

If specifying the interface type on the command line when you recreate it doesn't work, a reload of the router should fix it.

Silver

Teru,

When you create and delete and sub-interface in error the interface will go into a "deleted" status (show ip int brief). This is a fastethernet but it's the same output as your serial.

FastEthernet0/0.1 unassigned YES manual deleted down

so when you create your sub-interface you'll need to create it as a point to point if that is what you want. int .# point-to-point.

The only way to get rid of the deleted sub-interfaces is to reload the router.

Hope this helps you,

Don

2 REPLIES
Bronze

If specifying the interface type on the command line when you recreate it doesn't work, a reload of the router should fix it.

Silver

Teru,

When you create and delete and sub-interface in error the interface will go into a "deleted" status (show ip int brief). This is a fastethernet but it's the same output as your serial.

FastEthernet0/0.1 unassigned YES manual deleted down

so when you create your sub-interface you'll need to create it as a point to point if that is what you want. int .# point-to-point.

The only way to get rid of the deleted sub-interfaces is to reload the router.

Hope this helps you,

Don

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content