cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How can i see the uptime of my IGX - or the timestamp of the last reset?

horst.boltz
Level 1
Level 1

What is the command to analyse the uptime of my WAN switches (IGX) since the last restart? Is it possible to see the reason for the restart?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dmirlenbrink
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Hrost,

no way to get the uptime like on an IOS router.

IGX is a wan-switch without IOS.

You can have a look to the log-file with dsplog and may you see it there. May you see it in CWM or HPOV logfiles.

regards

Dietmar

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

deilert
Level 6
Level 6

try to type version at the prompt this may be what you are looking for

Sorry, but there is no version command on an IGX!

dmirlenbrink
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Hrost,

no way to get the uptime like on an IOS router.

IGX is a wan-switch without IOS.

You can have a look to the log-file with dsplog and may you see it there. May you see it in CWM or HPOV logfiles.

regards

Dietmar

Hi Dietmar,

in the meantime I found a way to get the uptime respectively 2 ways. First way is to read the snmp OID .1.3.6.1.4.1.351.100.4.4.2.1.1.24.1 from the IGX.

You'll get an integer value you have to calaculate - a little bit difficult an strange:

: INTEGER: 617031042

convert 617031042 gives you 21 Jul 1999 13:30.

Conversion forumla:

INTEGER / 60 = Mins

Mins /60 = Hours

Hours /24 = Days

There have been 7670 days between Jan 1 1980 up until Jan 1 2001 (365 x 21 yrs + 5 extra days for leap years)

Take 7670 away from your Days value and this leaves the number of days this year since the card was activated.

NOTE: If a switchcc is performed, this INTEGER value gets reset to 0 so is no use.

Second way: type dsptech an look at the output of "SYSTICK:". The way to decode the value is also not so easy:

The hex output decodes as 5330878 seconds. This gives the figure 6169.998125. The figures break down as

1st two digits are days = 61

3rd & 4th digits are interpreted as 24 hours x 0.69 24 to give the number of hours = 16 hours and 33 minutes and 3 seconds.

This up time is defined as the time since the node was powered though it must be noted that the timer is et to roll-over approx 1 hour after node power up, and then 500 days afterwards.

This for all who will know the same!

Regards

Horst