Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

How can i set the ip route in ip unnumbered interface for dial user?

I have a central site use 3660 with 16 analog modem port .And the 16 port have the same telephone number. The remote site dial in one of these 16 ports,and then after authentication success,the central site disconnect the link and then call back to the remote site.And i want to set the 16 ports in a group async ,but how can i set the ip address of group async? I want to use "ip unnumbered ethernet 0"command .And the remote site also need to use the unnumbered interface .And only static route is allowed,so how can i set the static ip route in central and in remote site ?

1 REPLY

Re: How can i set the ip route in ip unnumbered interface for di

To set the Ip address of the group-async interface you can use the ip unnumbered . I suggest that you use a loopback interface here.

For the adresses that are assigned to the in-dialing devices there is the interface command: (no) peer default ip address. Put this command in your group-async and you're off. You can use a pool, or no automatic assignments. In the latter case you will have to do everything static, which is what you want to do as I understand from your posting.

Remember that the ip adresses on the WAN must be in the same subnet as the central router.

Views
Helpful
Replies