cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do i Configure ISDN backup for EtherNet0/0 on 3725 Router.

abdalians
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys !

I have a Cisco 3725 Router with 2 ethernet interfaces and 4 BRI S/T interfaces. Ethernet0/0 is connected to Internet and Ethernet0/1 is connected to my LAN. I want to configure DDR so that whenever internet link via Ethernet0/0 is down router may automatically establish Backup link via ISDN dialup interface.

Solution, that so far, I have found is " Reliable Static Routing Backup Using Object Tracking " ......but I think this future is not available in 3725 router. Because when I try to configure this future as per directed in the manual, key commands are not availabe in my Router's IOS. My router is using " IOS (tm) 3700 Software (C3725 ADVIPSERVICESK9-M), Version 12.3(5a), RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1) "

Please suggess me how do I configure DDR in my network scnario.

Waiting for your Warm & Quick response.

Thanx

3 Replies 3

makchitale
Level 6
Level 6

Dialer Watch should work fine here...have the Ethernet0/0 network watched in the dialer watch-list command.

Please refer to:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk801/tk379/technologies_configuration_example09186a0080094143.shtml

Thanks, Mak.

Dialer watch will only work if you are running a routing protocol with another router on the other side of the ISP link, which would normally be BGP with a "real" ISP. BUT...See my answer over on the WAN, routing and switching forum where you posted the same question.

hi Mak

Hope you are fine & doing well.Yes you are right, we can configure DDR with Dialer Watch feature. But dependency of this feature is, routes that are being watched for DDR should be learned dynamically, via dynamic routig protocol ( rip, igrp, eigrp). But my service provider is not providing dynamic routing protocol for my Stub Network.

Can u please assure that if I may use this Dialer Watch feature with Static routes then it will solve my problem. My network scnario is as follows.

Lan------eth0/0=ROUTER3725=eth0/1-----ISP----Internet

Thanx

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: